A discovery at every turn...
Lake Paika Accommodation is nestled on a peninsula of Lake Paika. This 450ha natural wetland, recently reinstated after more than a 100 years of being "stranded" from its Murrumbidgee "lifeline" is quickly responding. Improved biodiversity of wildlife and vegetation regeneration has already occurred in response to watering.
Lake Paika Station is a bird watcher's and photographer's paradise, with over 20,000 waterbirds of more than 35 species having been observed.
As one of the districts most historic stations, the property is dotted with relics and old buildings and is a wonderful historical treasure trove of past days on the station.
Outback Tours with Outback Geo Adventures
Activities @ Lake Paika Station
Lake Paika Station offers much by way of explorations and activities...but then again you may just want to kick back, chill and take in the natural beauty that surrounds you.
Here are just a few activities you may enjoy!
- Bird watching & wildlife watching
- Telescope available for guest use
- Farm walks
- Relax lakeside and enjoy a book
- Sunset & sunrise viewing over the water
- Star gazing
- Catch a yabbie
- Picnic on Pelican Point
- Wander the wetlands
- Fishing rods & tackle are provided free for Guest use
- Fishing bait available to purchase
- Yabby nets provided for Guest use
- Canoeing (supply your own)
- Bicycles provided free for guests